The Oriskany Museum is graciously supported by the taxpayers of the Village of Oriskany, the Battle of Oriskany Historical Society, the USS Oriskany Reunion Association, and generous private donors. We receive both monetary and artifact donations from our sponsors.
The museum boasts a diverse collection and we accept donations from all periods of American history. Unfortunately, due to space limitations, we no longer accept:
- twentieth century commemorative souvenirs and "collectables," such as ash trays and coffee cups
- mass-produced plastic models of ships or planes
- 50-star American flags (retirement, burial, or otherwise)
- reprints of otherwise published photographs (unless the donor is the original photographer or a descendent)
We are actively seeking the donation, loan, or digital copies of the following items:
- Photographs of local buildings and landmarks
- Genealogies for members of the Oriskany community
- Professional and amateur/candid photos or documents from Oriskany Central School
- Civil War artifacts
- Pre-1965 currency
- Antique weaponry, or non-functioning reproductions thereof
- Costumes and photos from the Oriskany Bicentennial Celebrations or Oriskany Days
- Materials pertaining to Oriskany industries and businesses, including but not limited to: the Oriskany Manufacturing Company, Waterbury Felt, Malleable Iron Works, and the Dexter Mills.
If you have any questions about your artifact, please contact the museum curator by phone at 315-736-7529 or by email at email@example.com. Artifact donations can be accepted in person or by mail. Please include one or both of the following forms along with a short history of the item.